JETCAM was founded in 1986 to develop and market software systems for computer numerical control programming of punching and cutting machines used in sheet metal fabrication and composite cutting. It was started as a response to the time consuming and error-prone practices then being used for this work and the guiding principles of the company ever since have been to develop systems that,
- Are very easy to learn and use without compromising functionality
- Are exceptionally reliable and trouble-free
- Can handle just about any type of job on just about any type of machine (covering punch, laser, plasma, waterjet and routing technologies)
- Allow jobs to be moved from one machine to another without reprogramming
- Incorporate innovative features to get the absolute best performance out of machines of all ages
- Produce results extremely quickly
- Truly automate the process of CNC code generation from CAD drawing files
The company has been able to live up to these ambitions and now has approximately 9000 licensed users across over 80 countries around the world. Major machine manufacturers have standardized on JETCAM systems and supply them together with their machines.
JETCAM is represented in a wide variety of independent sheet metal machine shops, manufacturing everything from simple heavy gauge components to the most sophisticated and delicate components employed in the electronics and aerospace industries. JETCAM's world-class user base also includes some of the best known and most demanding companies in the world, such as ABB, Bombardier (Canada, Mexico and Northern Ireland), Embraer, Kone Elevators, General Electric, Siemens, Volvo, Lucent, John Deere, Ericsson and several major racing car manufacturers including Red Bull Technology.
After the initial installation of JETCAM products, users are able to benefit from a maintenance program that provides automatic upgrade to new releases of the software for continuing enhancement of performance and functionality.
The ongoing development program of JETCAM is designed to achieve two things. Firstly, to continuously enhance the features, performance and level of automation of existing products. Secondly, to introduce new products that bring the same level of ease of use and reliability provided by the JETCAM Expert CNC programming and nesting software to other aspects of machine shop operation, such as 3D design and unfolding and production control.
In 2008 the company was nominated in The Manufacturer awards for its installation at Numatic International. The following year it received 'Highly Commended'.