JETCAM was founded in 1986 to develop and distribute software systems for CNC programming of punching and cutting machines used in sheet metal fabrication and composite cutting.
The company now has users in over 80 countries around the world. Major machine manufacturers have standardized on JETCAM systems and supply them together with their machines.
JETCAM is represented in a wide variety of companies, manufacturing everything from simple heavy gauge components to the most sophisticated and delicate composite or sheet metal components employed in the electronics and aerospace industries. JETCAM's world-class user base also includes some of the best known and most demanding companies in the world, such as ABB, BAE, Bombardier (Canada, Mexico and Northern Ireland), Embraer, Connova AG, Capricorn Composites, Kone Elevators, General Electric, Siemens, Volvo, Lucent, John Deere and Ericsson.
The ongoing development program of JETCAM is designed to achieve two things. Firstly, to continuously enhance the features, performance and level of automation of existing products. Secondly, to introduce new products that bring the same level of ease of use and reliability provided by the JETCAM Expert CNC programming and nesting software to other aspects of machine shop operation.
- In 2008 the company was nominated in the MITCON and also The Manufacturer awards for its installation at Numatic International.
- The following year it received The Manufacturer's 'Highly Commended' award.
- In 2013 CrossTrack won the Innovation in Manufacture category in Composites UK trade association awards.
- In 2014 it CrossTrack was also a Finalist for the MWP Advanced Manufacturing Awards.
- In 2015 the company won in two categories of The Technology Innovator Awards:
- Best CAD/CAM Nesting & Material Management Software
- Most Innovative Manufacturing Suite
- Also in 2015 the company was shortlisted in
- The IT Europa awards, again for CrossTrack, and was shortlisted for Company of the Year in the IAIR Awards
- 20 Most Promising Engineering Technology Solution Providers in CIO Review Magazine